Request for Proposal: Calhoun R-VIII Schools Security Camera Project
Published: May 19, 2020
Responses Due: June 12, 2020
Submit bid to: Calhoun R-VIII Schools
409 South College
Calhoun, MO 65323
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to seek bids for an IP Camera system for the High School, Elementary, and Central Office building with the ability to expand. This purposed solution should provide a seamless surveillance system for the purpose of monitoring activity at Calhoun R-VIII Schools.
General Bidding Instructions and Conditions
· Bidders must furnish an IRS W-9 form indicating the bidder’s taxpayer identification number, if not already on file with the District. The W-9 must be dated within the current calendar year.
· Bidders must include all products and services to be purchased in the bid. Identify items by manufacturer and catalog numbers.
· Bidders may propose more than one system that will fulfill the requirements of this project. Additional proposals must be submitted as alternate bids.
· Bidders must include specifications and descriptive literature/media for all products proposed.
· Bidders are solely responsible for all costs incurred in the preparation of responses to this RFP.
· To be considered for this project, vendors must submit SEALED bids to Calhoun R-VIII School District 409 S. College, Calhoun, MO 65323 prior to 3:00 p.m. CST on June 5, 2020. The District will reserve the right to reject any bids received after the deadline.
· The District reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids or parts of bids, to waive irregularities and technicalities, and to request rebids on the requested materials. The District also reserves the right to award the contract on such material the District deems will best serve its interests. It further reserves the right to award the contract on a split order basis, lump sum, or individual item basis, or such combination as shall best serve the interests of the District unless otherwise stated. The District also reserves the right to waive minor variations to specifications.
· All bidders must furnish unit prices with extended totals and total sum of bid. In the event of conflict between unit price and total, the unit prices will be used to determine the successful bidder.
· All invoices shall be submitted to the Calhoun R-VIII Schools
409 S College Calhoun, MO 65323
· If any bidder is in doubt as to the true meaning of any part of the information provided in this Request for Proposals, he/she may submit a written request for interpretation to Shane Stocks via email: email@example.com
· Calhoun R-VIII will provide network drops at each proposed camera location. Pending District approval on camera locations.
· Vendors will utilize existing network infrastructure.
· All installation to be completed prior to August 24, 2020.
· Lifetime licensing and free updates on Video Management Software (VMS), no annual licensing/subscription costs.
· Ability to monitor VMS from smartphone or computer.
· Video search upon movement function.
· Audit trail per camera with configurable retention times.
· Scalable solution to allow growth throughout the District.
· Ability to export video files/snapshots from the VMS.
· Ability to seamlessly manage multiple VMSs from a “single pane of glass”.
· Ability to overlay camera locations out on a building drawing/map that embeds a link to view camera video feed.
· Ability to limit live and recorded video based upon user rights.
· Robust search capabilities.
· Multi camera export
· Forensic “region of interest” recording and playback
Responses to this RFP will be evaluated based on, but not limited to, the following factors:
· Functionality to meet needs
· System growth and expansion
· Ease of use
· Product quality, reliability, and warranty
· Industry reputation
· Service and support resources
Proposals should include the following items:
· Vendor Overview
· Vendor W-9 Form (dated within current calendar year)
· Vendor Qualifications
· Vendor Experience implementing proposed system
· Vendor References
· Proposed Solution (include model numbers of all parts and services to be provided)
· Product Literature/Media
Products and Services to be Provided
Vendors responding should be prepared to provide a solution that satisfies these minimum requirements. Vendors will need to include any features, products, and services necessary to complete this project which may not have been listed. Installation of new security cameras, mounting brackets, software, initial setup and configuration should also be included in the bid.
· The importance of maintaining any and all Calhoun R_VIII Schools property in a safe and satisfactory operating condition requires that the services be performed by a vendor who is regularly engaged with his/her own personnel in the services outlined in the Scope for this project.
· Vendors shall have proper diagnostic and service equipment and personnel familiar with using equipment.
· The Vendor shall maintain 24 hours a day, 7 days a week emergency availability to coordinate any necessary resolution to system failures or problems.
· Networked Video Surveillance:
The video surveillance system is designed to include the network video management system, licenses, outdoor cameras, indoor cameras.
o The District is responsible for providing the communication wiring pathway to each of the cameras.
o The vendor will work with the Calhoun R-VIII Schools IT staff to facilitate installation of the client software.
o Any item of equipment or material not specifically addressed on the drawings or in this document and required to provide a complete and functional IP Surveillance installation shall be provided in a level of quality consistent with other specified items.
o The selected vendor will provide training to the Calhoun R-VIII Schools staff on use of the system. The coordination of this training should be mutually agreed upon by the District and the selected vendor.
Bus Mechanic and Maintenance Services Advertisement
The Calhoun R-VIII School District is seeking bids from mechanics, auto shops to provide bus mechanic services for the district’s 3 buses. Needed services include: Regularly scheduled maintenance and upkeep along with required repairs or coordination of required repairs. Contractor must carry insurance for potential damages to district property. Sealed bids are due by 3:00pm on Friday June 12th 2020 at 409 South College, Calhoun, MO 65323. Bids will be reviewed at the scheduled board meeting on June 15th, 2020. Questions may be directed to Shane Stocks, Superintendent, @ 660-694-3422. Site visits are available to those who would like to schedule a visit. The Calhoun R-VIII School district is an equal opportunity employer.
Surplus List 05-18-20
All items will be available to view from 8am-3pm each day on 5-19-20 through 5-21-20 and will be available on silent auction bids for all items. Items must be paid for and picked up on Friday 5-22-20 before 3pm.
(1) 50 gallon Whirlpool electric hot water heater unknown working condition
(1) 48” kitchen cabinet base with drawers
(1) 3-Isolation desks
(1) 5-drawer horizontal file cabinet
(1) 5-drawer metal file cabinet lock broken
(1) 4-drawer oak file cabinet
(1) Walsh pottery wheel needs D/C motor drive
(1) Industrial Stove/Oven with non working griddle
(1) Industrial Salad Bar
(1) Wood Cabinets/Bookshelves
(Multiple) Yellow Melmac desks with chairs attached
(Multiple) Desks with blue plastic chairs attached
(Multiple) Adjustable desks with side book holder
(Multiple) Computer Chairs
(Multiple) Old Desk Top Computers/Monitors
(Multiple) Classroom Chairs